Indulge in the rich flavors of our homemade eggplant Parmesan – a delightful twist on the classic Italian comfort food. Follow this easy recipe for a satisfying meal that combines tender eggplant, gooey mozzarella, and zesty marinara sauce. Elevate your culinary skills with this delicious twist on the timeless favorite. Let’s dive into the step-by-step guide to create a mouthwatering dish that will surely impress your family and friends.
Picture this – a household with kids who notoriously turn their noses up at veggies. My own little ones were no exception, especially when it came to eggplant. However, the moment they experienced the magic of our homemade eggplant Parmesan, everything changed.
The crispy texture of the breaded eggplant, the melty mozzarella, and the savory marinara worked together to create a dish so irresistible that even the most discerning palates couldn’t resist. It became a surprising hit at the family table, turning skeptical faces into joyful ones with every forkful.
This recipe not only transformed eggplant skeptics into enthusiasts but also became a cherished family favorite. Now, I share this delightful story with you, hoping it inspires your own family to embrace the goodness of eggplant in this delicious and heartwarming dish.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat & Prepare: Begin by preheating your oven to 400°F and lining two baking sheets with parchment paper, ensuring an easy cleanup process.
- Egg Mixture: In a medium-sized shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk. This luxurious egg mixture will provide a perfect base for your crispy eggplant slices.
- Breadcrumb Coating: In another medium-sized shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. This seasoned mixture adds a delightful crunch to each bite.
- Coat & Bake: Dip each eggplant slice into the egg mixture, ensuring thorough coating, then transfer it to the breadcrumb mixture. Place the coated slices onto the prepared baking sheets, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and bake for 18 minutes or until achieving a tender, golden-brown perfection.
- Finishing Touch: Remove your masterpiece from the oven and crown it with fresh basil for a burst of aromatic freshness.
5. Layer & Bake Again: In a 9×13 inch baking dish, assemble your layers by alternating baked eggplant slices, marinara sauce, and mozzarella. Sprinkle the top layer with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the cheese is perfectly melted.
6. Broil for Perfection: For that golden-brown finish, turn the oven to broil and broil for 2 to 4 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.
With the enticing aroma filling your kitchen, your homemade eggplant Parmesan is ready to be served. This delightful dish promises a perfect blend of textures and flavors – a true celebration of Italian cuisine. Elevate your dinner table with this classic comfort food, and enjoy the compliments as your loved ones savor every bite of this timeless favorite with a homemade touch!
- 2 Large eggplant cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/14 cups grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 28 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 large balls whole milk mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basils
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized shallow dish, whisk the eggs and milk
- In another medium-sized shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Dip eggplant slices into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumbs mixture. Place onto the baking sheets, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 18 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup marinara, layer half the eggplant, and top with 1 cup of marinara and half of the sliced mozzarella. Repeat with the remaining eggplant, the remaining marinara, and remanding mozzarella. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Turn the oven to broil and broil for 2 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil